If you sustained a work injury or developed an occupational disease, you are entitled to receive workers’ compensation benefits for your medical care and lost wages. It doesn’t matter if the work accident was your fault or the fault of a co-worker. If it happened while you were working, you should file a workers’ compensation claim. This includes field workers traveling to and from work.
Since 1980, the lawyers of Cass & Peters. Cass has advocated for injured workers throughout New York City. We have successfully resolved more than 30,000 workers’ compensation claims. Our law firm’s New York City work injury lawyers have the skills and legal resources to help you recover the benefits you are entitled to receive. Contact our work injury firm today to schedule a free initial consultation.
ADVOCATING FOR INJURED WORKERS IN NEW YORK CITY
In New York, nearly all employers are required to provide employees with workers’ compensation insurance. Injured workers are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits, regardless of fault. Employees are then restricted from suing their employers for additional compensation. The workers’ compensation system sounds straightforward. Yet, insurance companies often deny or delay legitimate workers’ compensation claims.
HANDLING ON-THE-JOB WORK INJURY CLAIMS IN NEW YORK CITY
Our law firm’s New York City workers’ compensation attorneys have more than 100 years of combined experience representing workers who have endured a wide range of work-related injuries such as:
- Back injuries — including slipped disks, herniated disks, spine and spinal cord injuries from construction accidents and other work-related accidents
- Repetitive stress injuries — such as carpal tunnel syndrome and tendinitis from office work, repetitive construction work and other manual work
- Occupational diseases — including cancer, heart attack, stroke, and lung problems such as popcorn lung disease, asbestosis and mesothelioma from exposure to asbestos
- Injuries from work-related auto accidents — including car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, pedestrian accidents and accidents involving construction vehicles
- Injuries from falls — Work-related falls, including ladder falls, are the third most common cause of death to workers, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Paralysis — including paraplegia, quadriplegia and nerve damage
- Head and brain injuries — including traumatic brain injuries, injuries from lack of oxygen and injuries from exposure to toxins
- Knee, hip, shoulder and other joint injuries — such as torn cartilage, torn rotator cuffs, torn meniscus, frozen shoulder from forklift accidents and other work-related accidents
- Broken bones and fractures from scaffolding accidents and other serious work-related accidents
- Loss of hearing from a single event or years of exposure to loud noise
- Loss of vision or blindness
- Amputation/loss of limbs, lacerations
- Burns from fire or flames, contact with hot objects or scalding liquids, or electricity
These are just some of the types of injuries our clients have suffered. No matter what type of work-related injury you have experienced, you can rely on our law firm to help you obtain the full amount of benefits and compensation you deserve.
CONTACT OUR QUEENS WORK BACK INJURY LAWYERS TODAY
Whether you suffered a back injury or another work-related injury, obtain experienced legal help. New York’s workers’ compensation system is a complicated and rapidly changing area of the law. At Cass & Peters, we have the legal knowledge and years of experience to help you recover the benefits you are entitled to receive.
To arrange a free consultation about your on-the-job injury, call toll free 212-349-3420 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation. From law offices in Manhattan, our workers’ compensation lawyers represent individuals with work-related injuries in New York City and throughout the tri-state area. Se habla español.